Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Frost Warning and Fall Photo Opportunity

landscaping idea

 
The first frost warning for our area in the northeast is this evening so it was time
to go out into the garden and start preparing it for the approaching winter.  Fall is a bittersweet time of year for me since I long to be in the garden as much as
possible and as the temperatures decrease I know the time outside is limited.  On
 the other hand the colors of fall are spectacular and the gardens seem to come to
 life one last time before they go into dormancy.  Before starting my fall clean up today I figured I would get some last photos. There are still a few blooms hanging on before it gets too cold so come take a look!
 
Coral Bark Maple Sangu Kaku

Crape Myrtle Seed Pods
Fall Hosta
Hydrangea Endless Summer
Iris Seed Pods
Japanese Forest Grass Fall
Weeping Japanese Maple Fall Color
Autumn Leaves
Nandina Gulf Stream Berries
Perennial Border Fall
Knock Out Rose Fall
Spirea Limemound Fall Color
Dwarf Butterfly Bush Lo & Behold Blue Chip Fall
Spirea Gold Flame Fall

As the temperatures drop in my Long Island garden and the landscape slowly goes to sleep I dream of spring and new ventures.    Autumn does have some merit with all the changing colors that are so beautiful at this time of year.  For now I will just have to enjoy the beauty of fall and start planning for next year when the garden comes to life once again.


As Always...Happy Gardening!

Author: Lee@A Guide To Northeastern Gardening, Copyright 2013. All rights reserved
 
 
 

landscaping idea photo galleries
landscaping idea photo galleries

No comments:

Post a Comment